It’s no secret that 30A is a summer vacation hot spot. People travel from all over the country to spend their summer vacation along our beautiful South Walton beaches. Granted the beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world, the communities of 30A have so much more to offer to their tourists than just the sugary white beach and crystalline gulf waters. The locals here on 30A are appreciative of what the tourists offer to our economy. Get the inside scoop on some summer fun that your vacation may be missing – straight from a local’s perspective.
All You Can Eat Crab Legs is Always a Good Idea
Have you ever been to Elmo’s Grill? With a motto like “Not fancy…Just famous,” how could you not give it a try? This is a kid-friendly restaurant with nightly live music and, you guessed it, ‘All You Can Eat Crab Legs’. Located on the west end of 30A, this place is a must for your next summer vacation.
You can rest when you get back home because around here we rest up for Sundays. There is never any shortage of fun happening on 30A on any given Sunday. For some locals, it is our favorite day of the week! Check out some of the fun that the locals are having on Sundays –
- Paddle boarding at Western Lake
- Farmer’s Markets in Rosemary Beach & Watercolor
- Sunday Brunch at one of these weekend brunch hot spots
- Lunch or dinner with Dread Clampitt at the Red Bar
- Dancing into the evening with Forrest Williams Band at Local Catch Sunday night outdoor concert at the Gulf Place Amphitheater
Get in on the ‘Sunday Funday’ action on your next 30A summer vacation – fun for the whole family!
Our area is surrounded by beautiful state parks just waiting to be explored. While we know that you want to spend the majority of your days on the beautiful South Walton beaches, you won’t regret setting aside a morning or afternoon to do some exploring. These state parks are filled with trails that can be explored on bike or foot, and it is sure to be a great learning experience for the kids. Check out all that these parks have to offer on your next trip to South Walton.
- Grayton Beach State Park
- Eden Gardens State Park
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Point Washington State Park
- Deer Lake State Park
- Watersound Origins Trailhead
Take a peek into this state park guide when planning your next trip, and fit some educational exploring into your itinerary.
I instantly feel more relaxed just thinking about the amazing sunsets that we get to experience here along 30A. Sunsets are meant to be shared and the locals all have their own favorite spots along 30A to take in the beauty.
- On the beach – Instead of starting your day at the beach, why not end it at the beach? Grab a pizza or some takeout from one of your favorite 30A restaurants and end your day at the beach, sharing a beautiful sunset. Don’t forget to take pictures!
Share a Nice Dinner and a Sunset
These restaurants all offer spectacular sunset views for you to enjoy, alongside a wonderful meal.
- Bud & Alley’s Rooftop Bar – Seaside
- 723 Whiskey Bravo Rooftop Bar – Seagrove
- Fish Out of Water – Watercolor
- The Vue on 30A – Dune Allen
Are we getting you excited to plan your next 30A vacation? We could go on and on about all that our area has to offer, but we hope to have inspired some new ideas for your next visit – maybe one of these days it will become a permanent vacation!
Are you considering buying a vacation home or even settling down for good somewhere in South Walton? Melissa Clements can guide you through the process. Her years of real estate experience paired with her extensive knowledge of all that each community along 30A has to offer, makes her the perfect real estate agent to help you turn your dreams into reality.