On 30A, it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere, and who doesn’t love a good happy hour? Around here, everyone has their favorite spot for everything – favorite spot to watch the sunset, favorite place to enjoy a day at the beach – but today, we are talking about our favorite places to wind down and indulge in a good happy hour with friends. 30A is overflowing with great happy hour spots, so we’re going to highlight a mix of well-known spots as well as some that you may not have discovered yet. A new favorite happy hour spot? That’s worth the read for sure!
Highlands House Bar & Café
Located in Blue Mountain Beach, The Highlands House is one of the most charming bed and breakfast locations in South Walton. Not only do they know how to do happy hour – they are experts at southern charm and hospitality. Their café offers only the best fresh and local ingredients, and the best part? There is a happy hour for everyone! Offered daily from 4-6pm they have $3 off glasses of wine and $1 off beer and specialty drinks. Other happy hour specials include –
- Wednesday: Happy Hour from 2 – 7pm, including half priced Small Bites (Bacon-Wrapped Dates or Mango Pork Tacos, anyone?) and live music from 5 – 8pm
- Thursday: Grayton Beer ‘N’ Burger $10, 2 – 7pm. Who doesn’t love burgers and Beach Blondes?
- Bottomless Bubbles ‘N’ Brunch on Saturday and Sunday, with live music on Sunday. Not a big champagne drinker? Try the famous Sake Mary or another one of their unique specialty drinks.
- There is something for everyone’s fancy. Pop in and fall in love with the whimsical atmosphere of The Highlands House.
Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill
This place is a local’s favorite and some say THE place to find the happiest hour on 30A! At Hurricane’s Oyster Bar & Grill you can get a great atmosphere in Grayton Beach, great food, great drinks, and a great place to catch the game. Hurricane’s offers a daily Happy Hour from 3 – 6pm with some really great specials –
- $1 Domestic Drafts (yes, I said ONE DOLLAR!)
- $2 Domestic Longnecks & $3 Imports
- $5 Hurricane or House Margarita – these are a must try!
- $2 off Glass Wine & 30% off bottles
- $5-6 Happy Hour menu including sliders, empanadas and quesadillas
- $2 off raw oysters – Yum!
- These deals are hard to pass up – it’s no wonder that the locals love this place! What’s not to be happy about?
Located in Blue Mountain Beach, one visit to Marie’s and you are hooked! In addition to the great food and atmosphere, if you haven’t yet met the owners, Hanie and Marie, that itself is a reason to plan your next happy hour at Marie’s Bistro. They, along with their amazing staff, will make you feel right at home before you are even seated. Their happy hour is one of our favorites! Enjoy these great specials, every day from 4-7pm –
- $2 Bud Light
- $3 House Wines
- $4 Wells
- $5 House Margarita
- $5 Appetizer selection – the Cheese Curds are to die for!
- Half-priced sushi rolls
- Marie’s also offers live music on select days, a karaoke night, music bingo and a wonderful Sunday Brunch – complete with a complimentary mimosa/champagne!
The Wine Bar @ Watercolor
I feel more relaxed just thinking about this next spot on our Happy Hour list – and you can enjoy it at just about any given time of the day! Located at Chan’s Wine World in Watercolor, The Wine Bar offers their Happy Hour from 11 – 6pm, Monday thru Saturday! Their outdoor patio offers the epitome of relaxing ambience, which pairs perfectly with their delectable selection of wine.
- Speaking of wine, from 11 – 6pm, you can enjoy a carafe of wine for the price of a glass. Now that is music to any wine-lover’s ears!
It’s not just their wine that is brag-worthy either – with your carafe of wine, you can enjoy a variety of delicious menu options from small plates to big plates. Maybe a Gourmet Cheese Plate from their specialty cheese shop or a Fire Roasted Pizza from the Brick Oven – you can’t go wrong with this Happy Hour spot
So, I think that we can officially now say that it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere along the communities of 30A. Wouldn’t it be nice to live amongst all of these wonderful options to wind down your day – or maybe even start your day off on the right foot? I know where I’m spending my next off day! If you are considering buying a home on 30A and getting in on the easy living, contact Melissa Clements – she can help you find your happy place.