So, you are ready for a new home, but you can’t decide whether you want to buy an existing home or build a new one – well, we are here to help you weigh your options. A new home is one of the biggest investments that you will ever make, so it’s important to make the right choice. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of each option and find out which option is right for you.
- You call the shots – There is a lot of work that is involved in building a new home, but one of the perks is that you get to be involved in the entire process. You are the boss and you call the shots on all of the decisions and details.
- Customize everything – If you are even considering building a new home, chances are you have some specific details in mind that you want in your new home. By choosing to build, you get full access to customization in every aspect. Do you want a closet with a built in shelving system? Or customized bathroom sinks? You can get all of that and more when you choose to build a new home.
- Get the latest and greatest of everything – Whether it’s the latest building codes and safety standards, or the best new appliances on the market, you can have it all when you choose to build a home.
- Emotional fulfillment – Building a new home from the ground up carries with it a lot of sentimental value and emotional fulfillment. That home will hold a special place in your heart for years to come.
- Huge time commitment – Chances are you have probably heard someone else’s horror stories about building a home, and they likely involved the process taking far longer than expected. So, it’s best to be prepared for a huge time commitment.
- Going over budget – Another thing that you can go ahead and expect is for the cost of your new home to exceed your original budget. There are usually bumps in the road along the way that end up costing you more than expected.
- Shorter waiting period – Can we say, move-in ready? When you choose to buy an existing home, the waiting period is obviously going to be much shorter. Once you find the home that you want and close the deal, you can be in your house in just a couple of short months.
- No financial surprises – Typically, buying a new home will save you much more money in comparison to building a home. The cost of the home is upfront and you know what you are getting into financially.
- Smartest financial decision – When you are on the fence, choosing to buy an existing home is often the advised smartest choice to make financially. Play it safe and play it smart.
- It’s not your dream home – If you are going into the process looking for your ‘dream home,’ you may not find the home that lives up to your expectations.
- Potential remodeling needs – Maybe you found a house that is almost exactly what you want, but the floors need to be completely redone. This is definitely doable and may even fit in your budget, but it could turn into a bigger time and work commitment.
Whether you choose to build or buy your new home, both are exciting ventures to embark on. Luckily, we live in an area that offers so many great options for both – and who’s to say that someone else’s customized new home couldn’t become your own? 30A has a lot of breath-taking options to consider.
Are you on the fence about which road to take for your new home? Melissa Clements can help you weigh your options – she can show you some beautiful existing homes that meet your needs as well as that perfect piece of land just waiting for your dream home. Contact Melissa today and get the ball rolling!