The month of February will surely have its share of cooler weather, and may even serve as the ‘calm before the Spring Break storm,’ but there are still some pretty great events lined up here in South Walton. From gumbo festivals to Mardi Gras parades, we’ve got fun for the whole family – including your four-legged friends! Here are some of our favorite events that are lined up for the month of February. Get your calendars out!
Girls Getaway Weekend in Rosemary Beach
I don’t know about you, but I think I’m already sold! 2016 marks the 11th year for this event, hosted by the Rosemary Beach Foundation, happening Super Bowl weekend – February 4th thru 7th.
- Women can enjoy everything from songwriter’s concerts, art workshops, tour of homes, Sunday brunch, and much more!
- This event benefits the Rosemary Beach Foundation as well as the Women’s Services of Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast.
- What are you waiting for? Call up your best girls and get the planning underway for this fabulous event!
Mardi Gras and Music Festival at Pier Park
This event is truly packed with fun for the whole family! The Panama City Beach Mardi Gras and Music Festival will be held February 5-6th, the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
- The kids activities are endless between the Kids’ Fun Zone, costume contest and Kids’ Parade
- Adults can enjoy the live entertainment by various artists, including Sammy Kershaw
- The whole family will enjoy an impressive fireworks display to top of both nights of the event
- Pier Park also offers a variety of shops and restaurants for the whole family to enjoy
14th Annual Fat Tuesday Baytowne Bash Parade
This event kicks off on Sunday, February 7th with the Annual Mardi Gras Dog Parade and then the real party begins on Fat Tuesday (February 9th) with the 14th Annual Fat Tuesday Baytowne Bash Parade! This is one of the most festive parties of the year, so be sure and mark your calendar.
- The parade will wind through The Village of Baytowne Wharf with colorful and creative floats, as well as golf carts that are decorated to the nines with impressive Mardi Gras décor!
- There will be street performers scattered throughout the village as well as parties hosted at each of the Baytowne Village establishments.
Valentine Tour of Homes
The Valentine Tour of Homes is an annual event hosted by the Cultural Arts Alliance. This is a highly anticipated event that happens each year over the course of Valentine’s weekend.
- The doors of a handful of special South Walton homes will be opened up to showcase immaculate interior designs and beyond impressive architectural design to tour goers, both locals and visitors alike.
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to tour some of South Walton’s most beautiful homes.
Which of these February events will you be attending? There is something for everyone in the family to enjoy all year long, here in South Walton! We’re betting that March will have a lineup of fabulous events as well – stay tuned!