Fall can be one of the best times of year to sell your home. Home buyers are super motivated to get in before the holidays and some folks have taken their home off the market, creating less competition. Fall at the beach is a favorite time of year for locals and can inspire potential clients to take the plunge. Home buyers often make their choices based on their emotions, and there is a lot of love floating around our area this time of year. Let’s talk about some ways to tap into that emotion and set your home apart from the competition.
When getting your home ready to sell, it is important to create an inviting experience through curb appeal. This is the first thing that potential buyers will see when visiting your home.
- Fall leaves are beautiful, aren’t they? Although this is true, be sure to keep the leaves raked and cleared to create a tidy appearance when home buyers first pull up to your home.
- Cut back and clear away dead plants.
- Bring in new plants that are appropriate for the Fall season.
Let Your Front Door Tell a Welcoming Story
The area around your front door should naturally pull people into your home, and there are so many ways to achieve this during the Fall season.
- Make sure the front steps and door are crisp, clean and free of debris and cobwebs.
- Add some seasonal color with a couple of pots of fall flowers.
- Hang a beautiful fall wreath on your door.
- Don’t forget a welcome mat! This is a special touch that effortlessly makes a house feel more like a home.
How a person feels immediately upon entering your home can make all the difference in the world. There are certain special touches that can instantly make a potential buyer feel at home when they walk through your front door.
- A clean and tidy entryway always leaving a lasting impression.
- Smell is one of the first senses that is tapped into when someone walks into your home. Fall is the perfect time to capitalize on this because there are so many contagious holiday smells to choose from. My personal favorite? Pumpkin. People can’t get enough of all things pumpkin during the fall months.
- Take advantage of your fireplace if you have one. This will create an instant cozy atmosphere.
Lighting is Everything
Let as much natural light into your home as possible and turn on all other lights as well. Walking into a beautifully lit home, especially if it is dark and dreary outside, will instantly make buyers feel better and more at home. Lighting creates a natural ambiance and maximizes your home’s appeal.
Make sure your thermostat is set at a comfortable level. A warm and welcoming home will encourage buyers to spend more time in your home. You want buyers to feel instantly welcome and to start imagining what it would be like to live in your home.
Do you need help selling your home? Melissa Clements is your go to real estate agent, with years of experience selling home all along the Emerald Coast. Melissa can help you make all the important decisions regarding selling your home and will be by your side throughout the entire process.