There are quite a few things you need to be aware of when buying or selling a house. Real estate agents can provide you with the knowledge you need in order to ensure the transaction is right for you. And above all else, with their experience, you can be confident that you are making the right decisions; but only if you are working with the right real estate agent for you. Here are some qualities to look for in a real estate agent, to ensure you end up signing on with the right one.
You would think this is obvious, right? Well, it’s not. If you plan on buying or selling a house, isn’t it important that the real estate agent you choose to work with has a personality that is line with your own? It’s important to work with someone that you are comfortable with and it’s important to be able to communicate openly. After all, you are entrusting your real estate agent with a very large transaction on your behalf, so you want to ensure you are 100% comfortable from day one.
Is your real estate agent technologically savvy? They should be! The real estate agent you choose will need to be fully aware of the ways they can use search engines, online marketing and websites in order to either help you find the perfect house, or even the perfect buyer for your property for sale.
- Your agent should be able to present to you an online plan for optimizing your sale, or your search, depending on your situation.
- Social media has also started to play a huge role in the makings of a successful real estate transaction – does your real estate agent have a good social media presence? That could be a good sign!
Good Communication Skills
This is a big one! And, it’s important to set your expectations in advance. Do you prefer phone calls over emails? Is texting one of your preferred methods of communication? Be sure to communicate these types of things to your agent from the beginning.
- It’s also equally important to let your real estate agent know how often you’ll like to be updated throughout the process.
- If you want to talk to your real estate agent directly, instead of being contacted by another person in their office, communicate that.
- Be clear on your expectations, and make sure you’re in touch often enough to feel comfortable with how things are going in the process of buying or selling your home.
Knowledge of the Local Market
This is one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle to a successful real estate transaction. Does your real estate agent really know the area that you are buying or selling in? Your selected real estate agent should be fully familiar with the local market and the communities in your area – upcoming developments, city plans, and anything else that might be necessary for you to make an informed decision on how to sell your house, or buy one for that matter. The last thing that you want is last minute surprises that could make a real estate transaction go south.
Are you looking to buy or sell a home here in the South Walton area? As one of the most experienced real estate agents in this area, Melissa Clements can help you with all of your real estate needs and guide you through the process of buying or selling a home. Contact her today!